AIA, CID, LEED AP®
Richard is a hands-on principal who provides leadership in all firm projects. Since founding Engan Associates in 1979, Richard has served over 650 clients with healthcare, community, and business projects that feature his unique combination of practicality and innovation. 500 of the firm’s projects have come from 50 clients–proof that once a client works with Engan once, they return again and again for successful projects.
Scott Thoreson, Administrator of the Mayo Clinic Health System – Springfield, described Richard as “thoughtful, practical, and thorough” and says that after multiple projects “I don’t even consider working with a different architect.”
Richard is also very involved in community life. This has included service on the boards of Rice Hospital, the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota, the Kandiyohi County Historical Society, the Willmar Area Chamber of Commerce, Vinje Lutheran Church, the Willmar Design Center, and the Lions Club.
- Registered Architect, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Wisconsin
- NCARB Certified in all other states
- LEED® Accredited Professional
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) – Minnesota
- American Solar Energy Society, Inc.
- Minnesota Solar Energy Association
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Preservation Alliance of Minnesota, Board of Directors