Barbara is a ‘people person’ who brings skill and enthusiasm to the job. She listens perceptively to client needs and is able to explain technical considerations in ways that are easily understood by people outside the building industry. These skills are key in developing the “Shared Vision” that is the hallmark of Engan Associates’ design services.
Marcus Knisely, CEO of AgCountry (formerly United FCS) wrote, “We have really enjoyed working with you on our new Willmar facility. Thanks for your patience, good listening skills and for being a good interpreter.”
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design
– North Dakota State University
Barbara joined Engan Associates in 1996. Prior to this, she worked in the Twin Cities at KC Busch & Associates, Xerxes Architects and Abendroth, Rego & Youngquist. In her time at Engan Associates Barbara has focused on predesign, accessibility, planning and client interaction in many fields including healthcare, higher education and financial institutions.
- 2017-present United Way of West Central Minnesota, Board of Directors
- 2006-2009 Tim Orth Foundation Volunteer
- 2005- BOLD Independent School District #2534 Volunteer
- 1999-2001The Learning Funhouse, Inc. Board
- 1997- Our Savior’s Lutheran Church Past Building Committee, Altar Committee, Past Sunday School Superintendent, Teacher, Transition committee, Call committee chair
- 1988-1993 Sigma Tau Epsilon, Architectural Honor Society